Why so serious?
Read these funny quotes by some learned men from different industries. Because it’s not always about motivation and inspiration, entrepreneurship is also about laughing and being happy!
Here we go:
1. Behind every successful man, there’s a woman rolling her eyes. -Jim Carrey
Are you open to feedback? Or are you ‘Mr. I Know Everything’? Drop that ego and be open to what people have to say. Listen to their suggestions. You cannot be right all the time. Shun the arrogance or be ready to spot rolling eyes all around. There’s a thin line between being Mr. Captain Cool and Mr. Arrogant after all.
2. My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them. -Mitch Hedberg
Every entrepreneur have their own set of rules and values. But make sure others too are comfortable with it. Modify them, as per the needs of others. You keep pushing your values on others, they will run away.
3. A day without sunshine is like, you know, night. -Steve Martin
Sometimes being the captain, you know things that many others don’t. This will create disconnect between what you expect people to know and what they actually do. Keep sharing what you know with your team and people around you to keep them on the same page as you.
4. Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Issac Asimov
This quote tells us about a thin line between confidence and over-confidence. Keep a check on your limitations, know your boundaries and learn to slow roll.
5. Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -Elbert Hubbard
C’mon now, who doesn’t face stress? Stress is healthy if you stop taking it negatively. It’s completely okay to be stressed out. Enjoy each phase in life. Learn something every day. Make mistakes, do stupid things, have fun and run your business as if it’s your last day.
6. I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party. -Ron White
A brilliant quote! All you need to do is add that ‘extra’ in your ‘ordinary’.
7. Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. -Margaret Mead
Be proud of who you are. But don’t stop respecting others.
We couldn’t stop here, so below are some more self-explanatory quotes:
8. Always look for a fool in the deal. If you don’t find one, it’s you. -Mark Cuban
9. Be nice to geeks. You’ll probably end up working for one. -Bill Gates
10. Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth. -Mike Tyson
11. There’s no reason to be the richest man in the cemetery. You can’t do any business from there. -Colonel Sanders
12. I’ve got to keep breathing. It’ll be my worst business mistake if I don’t. -Steve Martin
13. Money is not the most important thing in the world. Love is. Fortunately, I love money. – Jackie Mason
And to end it all, here’s a hard-core entrepreneur:
If you liked this blog article, and want to see more of them on similar lines, drop us a word in the comments section below.