The EDII or Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India is a not-for-profit institution and an autonomous body. Due to its excellence in the field of entrepreneurship and its contribution to the Start-up India programme, it has been declared as the nodal institute for start-ups by the Gujarat state government.
In its role as nodal institute for start-ups, the EDII will provide the required guidance and counselling sessions to entrepreneurs who are thinking of establishing their own companies. EDII’s pro entrepreneurship schemes vastly benefit those who want to innovate and experiment in the fields of biotechnology, manufacturing, plastics, agri-business, chemicals, and food processing.
EDII: A Class Apart
The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India was established with a particular vision in mind which is to become a reputed national resource institution involved in research, training, institution building and entrepreneurship education.
The main aim of this institution is to send out smart, competent, logical and creative thinkers who will introduce fresh ideas into the entrepreneurial world along with young talent and deeply rooted ethics and morals. The EDII also has a duty towards overseeing the growth and development of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and ensuring that they grow into the major corporations of tomorrow. The EDII provides institution building and research, management education and training.
Achievements of EDII
• A huge number of 1286 students who have graduated from PGPs.
• A large group of 12770 learners who are registered for Open Learning Programme.
• The institute has imbibed the entrepreneurial spirit in around 1090 youth and 1895 children.
• A large number of 12,900 students who are pursuing entrepreneurship.
• A total of 920 students from JGI, Bangalore who have pursued EDII’s course at graduate and post-graduate levels.
• EDII has around 4.5 lakh students who are interested in entrepreneurship and the institute has organised close to 6000 entrepreneurship awareness programmes.
Courses Offered at EDII
There are two post-graduate programmes available at the EDII. One of them is PGDM-BE and the other is PGDM-DS.
• PGDM-BE: The Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Business Entrepreneurship was specially designed to enable students to set up their own businesses and provide them with the necessary skills, knowledge and talent to expand and diversify their business enterprises. This course is also very helpful for those who are expected to take over their family business someday.
• PGDM-DS: The Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Development Studies is one of the flagship courses of the EDII and was specially created to provide students with proper analytical and conceptual skills needed for managers of tomorrow. Developing entrepreneurial solutions to poverty and low level of livelihood is also a part of the academic programme. This management programme also helps people to think of new initiatives for corporate social responsibility (CSR projects) and to help build up the economy through entrepreneurship.[Top]
It has always been a major issue of debate for aspiring entrepreneurs whether to pursue a general MBA degree or not. Is it really necessary to go to business school and learn different managerial aspects and various business administration skills in theory? It might be better to invest that time, energy and effort into setting up a business and seeing to its growth and development.
However, a management degree in Business Entrepreneurship can be just the right balance. It will enable aspiring entrepreneurs to get access to required start-up capital from venture capitalists, help build contacts with alumni network and give them a perfect balance between theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
PGDM-BE at EDII
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Business Entrepreneurship is a residential, full time management entrepreneurship course which lasts for a duration of two years. This course is one of the most prestigious entrepreneurship programmes available in India and has been producing entrepreneurship students of an excellent calibre for the last 18 years.
Why is this programme worth it?
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Business Entrepreneurship has received certifications from many prestigious institutes and councils. Some of them are:
• Approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)- (Certificate)
• Association of Indian Universities (Certificate)
• Accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA)- (Certificate)
• Awarded USASBE Outstanding Entrepreneurship Program Abroad Award 2014 (Category)
This PGDM-BE programme was specially designed to encourage the business ideas and ambitions of aspiring entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial managers, to develop their critical thinking ability, to stimulate their creativity and to give students the opportunity to have an absolutely invigorating and enthralling management entrepreneurship education.
The PGDM-BE course mainly tries to improve its student’s entrepreneurial skills and help them to start small businesses, expand and go into different business lines. It also helps those who wish to be managers for corporate ventures run by entrepreneurs.[Top]