The EDII or Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India is a not-for-profit institution and an autonomous body. Due to its excellence in the field of entrepreneurship and its contribution to the Start-up India programme, it has been declared as the nodal institute for start-ups by the Gujarat state government.
In its role as nodal institute for start-ups, the EDII will provide the required guidance and counselling sessions to entrepreneurs who are thinking of establishing their own companies. EDII’s pro entrepreneurship schemes vastly benefit those who want to innovate and experiment in the fields of biotechnology, manufacturing, plastics, agri-business, chemicals, and food processing.
EDII: A Class Apart
The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India was established with a particular vision in mind which is to become a reputed national resource institution involved in research, training, institution building and entrepreneurship education.
The main aim of this institution is to send out smart, competent, logical and creative thinkers who will introduce fresh ideas into the entrepreneurial world along with young talent and deeply rooted ethics and morals. The EDII also has a duty towards overseeing the growth and development of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and ensuring that they grow into the major corporations of tomorrow. The EDII provides institution building and research, management education and training.
Achievements of EDII
• A huge number of 1286 students who have graduated from PGPs.
• A large group of 12770 learners who are registered for Open Learning Programme.
• The institute has imbibed the entrepreneurial spirit in around 1090 youth and 1895 children.
• A large number of 12,900 students who are pursuing entrepreneurship.
• A total of 920 students from JGI, Bangalore who have pursued EDII’s course at graduate and post-graduate levels.
• EDII has around 4.5 lakh students who are interested in entrepreneurship and the institute has organised close to 6000 entrepreneurship awareness programmes.
Courses Offered at EDII
There are two post-graduate programmes available at the EDII. One of them is PGDM-BE and the other is PGDM-DS.
• PGDM-BE: The Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Business Entrepreneurship was specially designed to enable students to set up their own businesses and provide them with the necessary skills, knowledge and talent to expand and diversify their business enterprises. This course is also very helpful for those who are expected to take over their family business someday.
• PGDM-DS: The Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Development Studies is one of the flagship courses of the EDII and was specially created to provide students with proper analytical and conceptual skills needed for managers of tomorrow. Developing entrepreneurial solutions to poverty and low level of livelihood is also a part of the academic programme. This management programme also helps people to think of new initiatives for corporate social responsibility (CSR projects) and to help build up the economy through entrepreneurship.