Reading about great entrepreneurs is super inspiring and motivational yet how far we let its positivity affect us depends on us, the readers. By working on the crucial attributes of one’s personality, under the right guidance, the entrepreneur in you can emerge at any age and stage of life.
However, the best entrepreneurs share a few common characteristics, which are crucial in building and maintaining a successful business structure. While considering the fact that they come from different cultures and upbringing, income brackets, educational levels and a varied lifestyle, we cannot overlook that they all share a few common traits which are not only strong and positive but are the very pillars of their success.
- Tenacity: No matter how hard it gets, successful entrepreneurs have the ability to sustain. Persistence, perseverance and determination are the key ingredients of success.
- Passion: It is a common assumption that the sole purpose of all entrepreneurs is to make maximum profits. That is not true. Most of the entrepreneurs are actually quite passionate about their work. Challenges excite them whereas mistakes make them wiser. Money, although secondary, is not their purpose of business. The purpose is to follow their passion, which is excellence at work. Those who are not fully passionate about their work tend to slack at it and eventually lag behind.
- Risk-taking: Taking risks in business does not necessarily mean financial risks. It could be related to risking one’s reputation or social standing. It could be risking your time and energy while working on a project. Successful entrepreneurs are not scared of taking whatever risks that come their way. Starting a business with limited funding is not an issue for entrepreneurs who aim to be successful and take it up as a challenge but the same might seem to be a major issue for others who keep dwindling upon the pros and cons instead of taking action.
- Focus: Opportunities don’t just come to successful people. They exist all around us and it is up to us to spot them and that’s what makes us successful. All successful entrepreneurs are so focussed on their business that they develop this trait to spot an opportunity that others wouldn’t even dream of. It is this vision that aids the very success of great entrepreneurs.
- The Desire to Learn: Those who stick to the good old ways may last for a while but not beyond that. It is essential to learn new tricks of the trade, keep oneself updated with the latest innovations and follow the latest systems if you wish to be in the race. Education and experience does help us a lot but keeping pace with the industry and evolving along with the latest trends is absolutely necessary. Successful entrepreneurs do all they can to learn and absorb the latest information which helps them to stay ahead of the rest.
- Handling Failures: No success story is written without an eraser. Mistakes do happen but the wise learn from their mistakes and move on. Entrepreneurs who believe in themselves develop enough patience and persistence to rework or renew and deliver better results the next time. These entrepreneurs relate to such valuable experiences in their future as well.
- Money-management Skills: Being one of the most crucial aspects of every business, entrepreneurs need to be exceptionally good at money management. Be it using your own savings or large amounts of funds deposited by the investors, making every penny count is what successful entrepreneurs do. Correct financial decisions, calculated expenses, spending where it is essential and curbing where necessary is a trait all successful entrepreneurs share.
- Business Relationships: Building relationships and maintaining them is important for any business to flourish. Successful entrepreneurs know this very well and take extreme care in maintaining these business contacts because if not now, they shall soon transform from being contacts to becoming clients.
- Salesmanship: Believing in your own product is the first step of successful salesmanship. Every entrepreneur needs to understand that if they believe that their product is good, half the job is done. The other half rests on how they express themselves to the client. Successful entrepreneurs are good at this because if they as creators of the product are unable to explain this well then who will?!
- Planning Expertise: All successful entrepreneurs are excellent in planning strategies. They organise their time, money and efforts well in advance for efficient implementation. Their business strategies are based on thorough researches and surveys that aid the overall success of the business.
Are you the one? If you are, EDII is right institute for you!
In today’s vastly competitive business world, small family run businesses are struggling to compete and survive. For such businesses to develop and grow, the younger generation needs to step up and take control of the reins. For a youth entrusted with the task of managing his family business, opting for a management diploma in Business Entrepreneurship is an appropriate and helpful choice.
The EDII or Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India offers one such PGDM-BE course which is specially designed to help future entrepreneurs. The EDII is a national resource organisation that was established in the year 1983 with the aim of providing entrepreneurship education, research, training and development studies.
The PGDM-BE (Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Business Entrepreneurship) is a full time residential course which takes a duration of two years to complete. It has been successfully preparing students for setting up their own entrepreneurial ventures for the past eighteen years. This course is designed to encourage lateral thinking and creative problem solving, to nurture entrepreneurial ambitions and to provide valuable practical learning experience.
To be considered eligible for this post-graduate programme, you need to have secured at least 50% in your graduation exams. If you belong to a reserved category, this is lowered to 40%. You also need to have valid XAT/CMAT/CAT/ATMA/MAT scores.
How can you be sure about the quality of this course?
The PGDM-BE at EDII has the following:
1) Approval from AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)
2) Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities
3) The USASBE Outstanding Entrepreneurship Program Abroad Award 2014
4) Accreditation from the NBA (National Board of Accreditation)
EDII Entrepreneurship Process
At EDII, students go through a process which boosts their creativity, problem-solving capability and refines their entrepreneurial ideas. They are given a chance to develop their own business ideas and taught how to calculate feasibility of such ideas. Our students are taught by specialists in the field and learn how to create a business plan carefully and thoroughly.
EDII gives students a platform to make their ideas and future business plans heard and then helps them to get the required funding from various financial institutions associated with it.
The EDII Entrepreneurship Process includes the following:
• Confidence Building through Entrepreneurial Lab
• Idea Lab and Industry Interface
• Opportunity Identification and Selection
• Mentoring and Guidance
• Business Plan: DPR/FYPP
• Enterprise Launching and Management
• Sustenance and Growth
EDII PGDM – BE course is the perfect launch pad for future entrepreneurs who want to make their family business succeed in a global business environment.[Top]